A new nanny or babysitter, a potential tenant or renter, your child's soccer coach, a possible online suitor - in today's society, there are good reasons for wanting to verify the backgrounds of people engaged in your life. In some situations, not knowing someone's history can have dire legal, financial, and personal impacts. Instant, online background checks have become widely available and are fairly inexpensive, however, they are often quite limited in scope and not always up-to-date. Though admittedly more costly, a thorough investigation conducted by The Siroff Group can deliver more reliable, accurate and comprehensive results.
Components of our standard background investigation service includes:
- Social Security Number (SSN) Trace - revealing all current and reported addresses for the last 7-10 years as well as any aliases utilized by a subject
- Statewide Criminal and Civil Records Checks - conducted according to subject's address history
- County Level Criminal and Civil Records Checks - often times requires hands-searching documents in the actual courthouse of record
- DMV Records - can reveal more than driving history as they can document an individual's history of substance abuse and/or criminal activity
- Property Records - lists all real property parcels owned by an individual or business, as recorded by county tax assessors statewide
- Media Records - search is conducted through several databases containing a total of 13,800 sources of news and business information and 4,800 sources of legal information dating back to 1973
- Bankruptcy & Lien Records
- Political Contributions
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Filings
- Customized and advanced background services are also available
Background checks provide agencies and individuals with extremely important information. However, it is very important to be aware of their inherent limitations. Be aware that there is no such thing as a national criminal records check. There is one "nationwide" criminal database, the FBI database, also known as the NCIC (National Crime Information Center)database. The FBI database is not public record and cannot be legally accessed by anyone other than criminal justice agencies. This is one of the reasons why The Siroff Group believes in physically hand-searching documents in the actual courthouse of record.
Having handled a wide range of research assignments, The Siroff Group stands behind its ability to deliver meticulously thorough background checks in addition to diligently investigating any of your personal matters. We are sensitive to the private nature of these types of investigations and work with our clients to acquire information as quickly, quietly and efficiently as possible. We provide the information you need to protect your financial stability, safety, and, most importantly, your family.